• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who's your pick for QB?

Griz til I die

DONOR
After reading a thread over on MB and doing some thinking, I thought it would be a good idea to to ask who your pick is to be the starter and why? Personally I'm not a fan of Phillips, but that doesn't mean I don't think he'll get the job. My pick is Jensen. Who would you like to see be the starter?

My guess is Hill for two years followed by Jensen for two years.

Then again, I'm a pedestrian, sugarcoating fan who never played the game...so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Not sure I can pick yet until at least see a scrimmage or two. I have no idea what Jensen or Hill can do besides a highlight hudl tape in which everyone generally looks good. I'd say Phillips at the moment because he has live reps in the offense. He has a real strong arm and some mobility but not totally sold on his accuracy yet. He did make some questionable throws (granted he was always in during not ideal situations whether scrimmages or mop up duty).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh it needs to be Jensen. He and JLM would have a ball and possibly win the BSC! Get this guy in sync with the offense early for continued success.

My guess is Hill. I could give a shit about his stats in JC. Homan was a beast and he had similarly average stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well seeing as how I haven't seen any of them practice and even if I had I am no college football coach I will simply say that I wold love to see Jensen earn the job because of what that could mean for the next four years. My guess, uneducated as it is, is that this being the last year on Stitt's contract he will put in the more experienced guy in an effort to win NOW. But if Jensen actually earns the job that is even better.

Phillips is a lot better than people have seen. He had 5 touchdown passes in the spring game last season and looked pretty good doing it. He is very mobile running the football. I have not watched Hill play so no idea. Jensen is an unknown as well. Phillips will do a lot better with first team reps than in mop up time. I would be surprised if he wasn't the starter. I can't wait to see what Hill and Jensen can do this spring.

signedbewildered said:
Stitt will use this year the kid that he thinks will save his job.

Stitt's bromance with BG is over, next one up, who might not be as good as another one but that's what happens here.

fanofzoo said:
signedbewildered said:
Stitt will use this year the kid that he thinks will save his job.

Stitt's bromance with BG is over, next one up, who might not be as good as another one but that's what happens here.

I guess what I'm getting at is it would be great to see Jensen earn the to start and have that much more game experience for the years to come and have stability at that position for the offense but at this point I'm fairly certain Stitt feels he needs results and needs them now or there may be no more building his team (at least with The Griz) next year or the year after. Gonna have to be a pretty bright glimmer of hope that the tide is finally turning this year.

I'd like see the starting the quarterback the one who has the balls to inform Stitt that many of his play calls (offensive in all interpretations of the word) are a piece of shit and that he would like to move toward a more balanced approach of the QB making the final call and running the show. From what I have heard, and I do have some inside information on the intelligence level of Jensen, he would be the guy. Very smart but how do you tell the coach he's not the genius that the hype out of D2 made him out to be? Hill has kind of "fake statistics" out of Blinn and will have to prove what he has early if he is to make an impact.

sdk.catfish said:
I'd like see the starting the quarterback the one who has the balls to inform Stitt that many of his play calls (offensive in all interpretations of the word) are a piece of shit and that he would like to move toward a more balanced approach of the QB making the final call and running the show. From what I have heard, and I do have some inside information on the intelligence level of Jensen, he would be the guy. Very smart but how do you tell the coach he's not the genius that the hype out of D2 made him out to be? Hill has kind of "fake statistics" out of Blinn and will have to prove what he has early if he is to make an impact.

You do realize the QB has a run/pass option on each play and then has multiple reads on each play. Seems the QB does run the show.

Good read on the topic

http://www.montanasports.com/2017/03/13/reese-phillips-frontrunner-for-griz-qb-job-as-spring-practice-opens/

Would like to see Jensen but will take who ever can take us to the promised land.
The video on Hill shows he can wing the ball but his line gave him about 10 seconds to do it, big change coming for him. Phillips seems to be the guy but if he is that good why was he riding pine last year?

Back