• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some Griz Pro day numbers

BWahlberg

DONOR
Going off tweets from the official Griz account, Shaun Rainey, and AJ Mazzolini. Just consider everything here 100% unofficial. Also it seems that of course the headliners get more tweets and info, so if you guys see or have other info on a few others post away.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/GrizProDay?src=hash

Caleb Kidder (6-4, 269)
- 33 in vertical
- 8-9 broad
- 30 reps at 225
- 4.27 short shuttle
- 4.96 and 4.97 40 yard
- 6.89 / 6.91 three cone
- 12.05 60 yard shuttle

Brady Gustafson
- 34 in vertical
- 9-0 broad
- 4.97 and 5.06 40 yard

Yamen Sanders
- 42 in vertical
- 10-4 broad
- 24 reps at 225
- 4.56 and 4.65 40 yard (he had another at 4.72, the other two came from UM and Rainey)
- 4.48 short shuttle

Ryan Johnson
- 30.5 in vertical
- 16 reps at 225
- 5.12 40 yard

JR Nelson
- 38 in vertical
- 9-8 broad
- 4.59 and 4.52 40 yard
- 6.99 three cone (he slipped on a turn)
- 11.8 60 yard shuttle

Joey Counts
- 44 in vertical
- 9-6 broad
- 27 reps at 225
- 4.65 40 yard

John Nguyen
- 37.5 in vertical
- 24 reps at 225
- 4.9 40 yard

TJ Reynard
- 9-6 broad
- 11 reps at 225

Jackson Thiebes
- 17 reps at 225

There's a Missoulian article too.

Some observations. Kidder is very strong and athletic. His bench would have been 4th at Combine.

Sanders is fast and athletic. A stud.

Nguyen is incredibly strong. Wow. As, as everyone knew, has only okay but not horrible 40 speed.

Counts is strong, but not surprise. How about his vertical? Also, fairly fast.

Nelson is fast, quick and athletic.

Brady isn't slow. 4.97 40.

According to other posts Counts was way faster than John, stronger, better vertical but sadly never was a factor for long on the field ...and john at
4.9 for a running back is not "okay" speed, poor actually. Yamen numbers are great....but didn't show in his play on field as a senior. One thing amazed me in article on Missoulian how Brady was schooled to change some mechanics....if mechanic problems why wasn't picked up on by coaches here?

Ursus1 said:
According to other posts Counts was way faster than John, stronger, better vertical but sadly never was a factor for long on the field ...and john at
4.9 for a running back is not "okay" speed, poor actually. Yamen numbers are great....but didn't show in his play on field as a senior. One thing amazed me in article on Missoulian how Brady was schooled to change some mechanics....if mechanic problems why wasn't picked up on by coaches here?

Yes, Counts had nice pro days numbers. Don't agree with your comments on Nguyen. 4.9 was perfectly fine for a back with great quickness, acceleration, jukes, strength and smarts. He wasn't the breakaway guy, but he got to the opening or made an opening with moves and cuts, and got nice yardage. Oh, and based on bench reps, Nguyen was considerably stronger pound for pound than Counts. I don't expect guys who never played the game to understand my views.

Unless they use weight divisions in football like wrestling, pound for pound mean crap if a guy at same position is bigger faster and stronger. And a 4.9 woukd have put him about last at combine....but I would not expect a guy who played football 30 years ago to understand the speed of today's game he still is living his highlights over and over in his basement on 8mm movies

Good showing by Kidder. Those shuttle and cone drill numbers are excellent. Combine that with 30 reps on the bench at his measurables has to check a lot of boxes. Has to improve his PFA offers.

Good for Gus to get sub 5. Faster than most on here probably did in their prime, including the ones that seem so anxious to slam him. Hopefully he is getting some coaching on his mechanics and foot work.

Will be rooting for both and the rest of the guys to get an opportunity at the pro level.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Good showing by Kidder. Those shuttle and cone drill numbers are excellent. Combine that with 30 reps on the bench at his measurables has to check a lot of boxes. Has to improve his PFA offers.

Good for Gus to get sub 5. Faster than most on here probably did in their prime, including the ones that seem so anxious to slam him. Hopefully he is getting some coaching on his mechanics and foot work.

Will be rooting for both and the rest of the guys to get an opportunity at the pro level.

Well I don't know. What does a 14.2 100 yarder break down to in the 40?

I believe Caleb will get an invite to an NFL camp and possibly/probably make a team.
Jon Nguyen will not play in the NFL. He has a heart of a lion but a body of ....... insert your choice here.
Joey Counts may get a shot in an NFL camp but who knows?
Yamen, I really don't know, the guy came here and looked good at times and really bad at times. I don't think he will make an NFL roster, probably CFL.

AZGrizFan said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

Well I don't know. What does a 14.2 100 yarder break down to in the 40?

Ursus1 said:
Unless they use weight divisions in football like wrestling, pound for pound mean crap if a guy at same position is bigger faster and stronger. And a 4.9 woukd have put him about last at combine....but I would not expect a guy who played football 30 years ago to understand the speed of today's game he still is living his highlights over and over in his basement on 8mm movies
Official was 4.73, but Kidder ran 4.72.

Ursus1 said:

At least, I played the game. You didn't. It shows.

Nguyen at 4.73 and you think he's slow. Pretty funny.

You probably don't know that he didn't lose a fumble in the last 3 years as a Griz either. Name any other starting back at UM, ever, who didn't lose a fumble in his last 3 years.

Most impressive stat of the day was Nguyen's bench. That number is off the charts for a 185lb running back. That would have placed him 2nd in the combine amongst RB/FB.

....and no, that does not mean he has a shot at the next level. It's just an impressive number.

Raider said:
Most impressive stat of the day was Nguyen's bench. That number is off the charts for a 185lb running back. That would have placed him 2nd in the combine amongst RB/FB.

....and no, that does not mean he has a shot at the next level. It's just an impressive number.

Too bad NFL teams don't need coxswains.

PlayerRep said:
Ursus1 said:

You probably don't know that he didn't lose a fumble in the last 3 years as a Griz either. Name any other starting back at UM, ever, who didn't lose a fumble in his last 3 years.

For a running back that is very slow

kyle_sample said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursus1 said:

That's why he always got caught

HookedonGriz said:
Silvertip said:
The most telling pro day numbers 6 and 22. Last year 22 scouts on hand, this year...

One name and one name only....Tyrone Holmes

Tyrone was the difference. However, the 22 last year included CFL scouts as well. The 6 this year only counted NFL teams. I think there were 9 total scouts this year, including CFL.

kyle_sample said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursus1 said:

Yep, only jock sniffer boy thinks it is "okay", but then again he thought/thinks a guy that believed dinosaurs and humans were around together 6000 years ago is a good mind for Montana politics.......kind of puts his opinions in perspective

Ursus1 said:
kyle_sample said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursus1 said:

Yep, only jock sniffer boy thinks it is "okay", but then again he thought/thinks a guy that believed dinosaurs and humans were around together 6000 years ago is a good mind for Montana politics.......kind of puts his opinions in perspective

Cant be too slow, Rich Eisen ran a 6.02 (oh...and Fournette only a 4.51). However I digress, I know nothing about football times and such, BUT I do know about dinosaurs and humans. I can unequivocally confirm that yes dinosaurs and humans were not only around 6000 years ago, but are still around to this very day. You don't? Bizarre.

Back