• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Worst year in recent memory for the 3 major sports

Gametime

Disappointment is an understatement. For all the sugar coaters who constantly make excuses and hope that things will magically change, you're wrong. The 3 major UM sports teams have dropped into the middle to bottom of the pack. Lady Griz at least had significant injuries and a major coaching change. While I always have hope for the teams, I don't see much changing any time soon. Where is Haslam? Why is he immune from criticism? He has done literally nothing to change the culture in a positive direction. He is the most silent AD I can remember. He has no public presence either socially or in the media. I expect changes and action from him or he needs to go.

Gametime said:
Disappointment is an understatement. For all the sugar coaters who constantly make excuses and hope that things will magically change, you're wrong. The 3 major UM sports teams have dropped into the middle to bottom of the pack. Lady Griz at least had significant injuries and a major coaching change. While I always have hope for the teams, I don't see much changing any time soon. Where is Haslam? Why is he immune from criticism? He has done literally nothing to change the culture in a positive direction. He is the most silent AD I can remember. He has no public presence either socially or in the media. I expect changes and action from him or he needs to go.

I actually hear Kent speak quite a bit. He talks both in public and to the media literally all the time. Does he bash his programs? No. If that's what you're looking for, you're going to be waiting a long, long time. If by changes, you mean Stitt and Travis being fired, grab a Snickers.

You ask where he is? He's in his office every day that he's in Missoula. Here's his email and phone number. [email protected], 243-5348. If you feel so strongly about this stuff, then get off Egriz, attach your name to an e-mail or phone call and tell him.

That's just a pathetic post Gametime as your looking for sympathy. I don't think you realize how good all three of our teams are gonna be next year. We're gonna have the potential to make a deep playoff run, and both the men's and women's teams are gonna have a shot at making March madness next year.

Griz til I die said:
That's just a pathetic post Gametime as your looking for sympathy. I don't think you realize how good all three of our teams are gonna be next year. We're gonna have the potential to make a deep playoff run, and both the men's and women's teams are gonna have a shot at making March madness next year.

I think you must have been the Captain of the Titanic in your last life.

Gametime is the men's version of GrizLA. If you're basing your criticism on record, please note how many Stout States, Central Wash., and Frontier Conference teams that all the previous coaches had on their schedule to inflate the record. Those kind of games are now called exhibition games and don't count on the record. They are replaced by Oregon, North Carolina State, Mississippi, and Wyoming to name a few.
If you actually want to talk Kent H. ask to schedule a meeting when you see him at a basketball game. He's almost always there, are you?
The 2016-17 Griz basket team was one player away from being the top team in the conference. The frustrating part they were there on the bench the whole season. Next year when Alphonso Anderson(6'6"), Jamar Akoh(6'8"), and Donaven Dorsey(6'7") are all eligible, thenyou will feel foolish about this tirade or at least you should.

Wha!!!. what'd I do but say the Lady Griz were not very good. With your glasses I guess you didn't see that...Maybe, next year will be better...it will be for UM basketball, count on it. They will be far better than 16-16...as for those teams you list, sooner or later, you have to win one or two to get noticed.

Gametime said:

Get on board or step the f*ck off!

Griz til I die said:

Preseason Champions? Sounds familiar.

marooncoloredglasses said:
Gametime is the men's version of GrizLA. If you're basing your criticism on record, please note how many Stout States, Central Wash., and Frontier Conference teams that all the previous coaches had on their schedule to inflate the record. Those kind of games are now called exhibition games and don't count on the record. They are replaced by Oregon, North Carolina State, Mississippi, and Wyoming to name a few.
If you actually want to talk Kent H. ask to schedule a meeting when you see him at a basketball game. He's almost always there, are you?
The 2016-17 Griz basket team was one player away from being the top team in the conference. The frustrating part they were there on the bench the whole season. Next year when Alphonso Anderson(6'6"), Jamar Akoh(6'8"), and Donaven Dorsey(6'7") are all eligible, thenyou will feel foolish about this tirade or at least you should.
Well, hopefully some of those guys can grab a rebound. 24 in a game (Idaho) doesn't get it done. Way too many guards on the '16-'17 team.

Personally, I am having a tough time understanding why you all think the original post was that far off. Take a step back for a moment, take your emotion out of it, and look at the past couple of years.

I personally like Kent allot, and don’t agree with the original posts criticisms of him. That said, you would be hard pressed to argue with the results, or lack thereof, recently. Right now, it looks pretty grim across the board. Will it get better? I hope so, and believe it will. It does not, however, change what has happened recently.

Regarding football, I do have serious concerns. I don't live in Missoula, so I'm not aware how involved Kent Haslam is on a day to day basis with the football program. Hopefully, his supervision is daily including practices and team meetings.

Raider said:
Personally, I am having a tough time understanding why you all think the original post was that far off. Take a step back for a moment, take your emotion out of it, and look at the past couple of years.

I personally like Kent allot, and don’t agree with the original posts criticisms of him. That said, you would be hard pressed to argue with the results, or lack thereof, recently. Right now, it looks pretty grim across the board. Will it get better? I hope so, and believe it will. It does not, however, change what has happened recently.

Right? If Kent was a better knee surgeon, maybe the women's team would have won more games and Brady would have had better protection from the O-line. Damn you, Kent Haslam!!! :lol:

Spanky said:
Regarding football, I do have serious concerns. I don't live in Missoula, so I'm not aware how involved Kent Haslam is on a day to day basis with the football program. Hopefully, his supervision is daily including practices and team meetings.

Why would you want the AD in team meetings? I doubt that happens anywhere in D1

Back