• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Torrey Pines Pub

greasewood

My wife & I will be watching Saturday's game at Torrey Pines in Vegas. Anyone know how early we need to get there to get a seat inside? Anything other tips for us? Go Griz!

I watched a regular season game there two years ago, arrived hour early and had to sit at the bar which was fine,,,,they have a character there that keeps things all griz with the mike during time outs and stuff....nice bunch of griz fans.....

My wife and I went there for the Weber game this year. We got there about 20 minutes before kickoff and got a table right up front. I would be fine wherever we sat. They treated us well and we had a good time. Food was basic pub grub. We were staying on the strip at the time. We were able to get a taxt there no problem, but finding one to to pick us up after was harder. We had to wait for a little while for the taxi to pick us up.

Ahhh, to think twenty years ago that Torrey Pines would be what it is today would have been an incredible vision. Having it available on Saturday mornings while going to UNLV was kind of like having Griz during my time in Iraq, it brought me a little bit of Montana to where I was. Those are little things to be thankful for.

grizatwork said:
My wife and I went there for the Weber game this year. We got there about 20 minutes before kickoff and got a table right up front. I would be fine wherever we sat. They treated us well and we had a good time. Food was basic pub grub. We were staying on the strip at the time. We were able to get a taxt there no problem, but finding one to to pick us up after was harder. We had to wait for a little while for the taxi to pick us up.

'lol....did you compare a Weber game to a playoff game? :lol:

An hour before is good. They also do drawings for Griz gear and Missoula area bar shot glasses and shirts. It's worth the experience if you are in Lost Wages, NV for game day.

I watched the 2005 and 2006 seasons at Torrey Pines Pub, near Summerlin, Nev. Can't believe it's been a decade... g'damn. I've never had more fun at a bar watching Griz games than I did those games! Because the owner turns his place into Wa/Griz stadium, no doubt. Fun bartenders, good food. I would call it South Missoula!

I wanted to bump this thread, since for the for the first time ever I'll be in LV for a game. I've read a lot about Torrey Pines and talked to people who have been there for Griz games, and it sounds like a great time.

grizatwork posted something about having to wait for a cab afterwards, but with Lyft and Uber now in the picture, I'm imagining that won't be an issue. My only concern is how much Red Bull I'll have to add to my beverages in order to keep pace with my companions through the wee hours, since I might be starting earlier and drinking a bit more than them, depending on team performance. :D I wish for that reason this was a later game, but it is what it is, and so I must imbibe :party:

Anyone else gonna be in LV or at the pub there for this one? Other suggestions while there? Been a couple years for me...

AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:

To some extent this Weber game does feel close. It's been awhile since the Griz have had even a share of the conference title - with the Griz controlling their destiny, every game until they drop one will feel a bit like a playoff game.

Boscoe said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:

To some extent this Weber game does feel close. It's been awhile since the Griz have had even a share of the conference title - with the Griz controlling their destiny, every game until they drop one will feel a bit like a playoff game.

Excellent point, even more excellent use of the way-back machine. :thumb:

Back