• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Williams confirmation is tomorrow: here's what you can do

BWahlberg

DONOR
Thanks everyone who has helped keep this discussion going. We've amassed 1250 signatures on a petition that is not politically charged but sticks to the facts and brings up the concern in Pat Williams comments he recently made.

Tomorrow the Senate Committee is going to meet to discuss his confirmation. I'm asking all of you to please take one more step in helping send word of your opinion regarding the confirmation of Pat Williams.

The committee reviewing this is the Education and Cultural Resources Committee

Peterson, Jim (R - Ch)
Jones, Llew (R – V Ch)
Arntzen, Elsie (R)
Brown, Taylor (R)
Driscoll, Robyn (D)
Facey, Tom (D)
Lewis, Dave (R)
Moore, Eric (R)
Stewart-Peregoy, Sharon (D)
Windy Boy, Jonathan (D)

You can send an email to all of them VERY EASILY through this link: http://leg.mt.gov/css/Sessions/63rd/legwebmessage.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just fill out your name and mark the bubble to send the message to a committee, you can then send a message as simple as "please do not confirm Pat Williams" but please send something. Let your voice be heard once again.

Choose the Committee: "Senate Education and Cultural Resources when you click the pull-down menu.

I've emailed our petition group asking all 1256 signers to do the same. Please keep this on the top of your mind today and tomorrow - your emails will make an impact.

Longest message I have sent to the Montana legislature. I have found in the past they do not care much about what the people have to say to them. They are politicians and only care about themselves!
Thanks for all the hard work on this Brint, I am behind this all the way.

And hey people - I'd suggest you email this page and the link out to everyone you know. If your spouse / significant other feels the same way - have them send one in as well. The MORE the BETTER!

Thanks Brint. Here is mine:

Please vote against confirmation of Pat Williams for the Board of Regents. Pat has put political grandstanding and a personal agenda above his advocacy responsibility. This is unacceptable for a regent with a duty to the university system. Williams has fought athletic department development long enough. His inflammatory comments to the NY Times and the subsequent ducking and covering indicate he is unfit to serve in this capacity. Both universities and the university towns, as well as the rest of Montana derive much economic benefit, recognition, pride and enjoyment from the respective athletic departments. Pat jumped on what he thought was a politically correct bandwagon and confirmed his anti-sports, anti-football position. Its time to retire Pat.

You could watch it as well as those meetings are on video. Just go to Leg.mt.gov and click on 2013 session then live and upcoming. I believe it will be in room 303 at the Capitol Building in Helena. I think you can also go over to Helena and watch in person and testify against him if you so choose.

Brother Bear said:
You could watch it as well as those meetings are on video. Just go to Leg.mt.gov and click on 2013 session then live and upcoming. I believe it will be in room 303 at the Capitol Building in Helena. I think you can also go over to Helena and watch in person and testify against him if you so choose.

Yep -sure can

Just got off the phone with one of the senators on the committee, I've been invited over to give a statement. In fact - all petition signers have been invited to come give a statement, verbal or written. Who wants to come with me?

BWahlberg said:
Just got off the phone with one of the senators on the committee, I've been invited over to give a statement. In fact - all petition signers have been invited to come give a statement, verbal or written. Who wants to come with me?

Live tweeting from the Montana legislature. Ha-ha. Had been planning to come, but flight leaves for San Jose in morning.

Brint, You picking me up in Billings to go to Helena? Jk. I think all that can go must go and let them know PW was out of line as a Regent for the comments he made. Time and place for the meeting?

Latest posts

Back