• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

One Great Game...Three Bad Apples

Panthera

On the long drive back to Cedar Falls I had a chance to think a lot about what happened during and after the quarterfinal game. Of course my main impression of the whole event was that Washington Grizly is one the best football facilities in the world, bar none. It was difficult for this old Panther to watch the action after the first quarter, but anybody who loves football would be in awe at the classy show that UM put on.

HOWEVER...one incident after the game almost managed to ruin an otherwise great experience so I felt I should share it. That way, other Griz fans can help weed out the 'problem fans' who I know are a very tiny proportion of your overall fanbase.

After the teams had mostly left the field and security officers let the fans come down, I went to mingle with a few of the lingering UNI fans, staff and players near the northern end zone. About five minutes later, three Montana students approached us from the opposite side of the field and started chanting things like 'Suck a XXXX Panthers', 'Go Home UNI', Eat XXXX Panthers, etc. These kids reeked of liquor and, if I had to guess, they were probably the type who smoke marijuana cigarettes on a regular basis. One of them waved an extremely offensive sign that said 'Even Santa Prefers Montana'. As a Christian man, it's difficult to watch this kind of religious hatred spread to college football (It's bad enough when large retailers try to bury the Reason for the Season under phrases like 'happy holidays'). It didn't take much of this crap to cause the few Panther fans to disperse. I started walking up the tunnel, but the three students pursued me and eventually caught up. I turned left and found myself trapped near a dumpster and one of the stadium walls. As the drunks moved in, I was honestly afraid for my life, so I warned them that I know a good bit of Tae Bo and UFC moves. They took this as a challenge and one of them threw me to the ground and the other two pinned me down. What happened next is probably not something that belongs on a family-friendly forum, but I'm ticked off and it needs to be said...While two of the young men held me in place, the other one undid his belt and pulled his pants down halfway. He then put his rear end very near my nose and began passing gas violently. Some of these eruptions were wet and the sprayed into my mouth. They were chanting 'atm, atm, atm' which I assumed meant they were going to rob me as well, but I had smartly left my wallet in my hotel room safe. This all seemed to go on forever but it was likely less than a minute before they let me up and ran off into the park across from the stadium. I was too shocked and humiliated to chase them. I have no plans on dragging law enforcement into any of this.

So my point is, although I know you all are on to bigger and better things at this point, I hope you'll take the time to remind the few bad apples that they are not helping the perception of your program on a national level.

Anyways, that's my rant, Griz fans. Thanks for the memories and I'll be rooting for them you the rest of the way. Go get'em Griz! :clap:

Damn those a-holes. Kind of ruins what was a great night for FCS football, and Missoula.

If anyone knows who these punks were. Please do report them to authorities, and take them away from GRIZNATION!!! I am so sorry this happened.

After I read this; "they were probably the type who smoke marijuana cigarettes on a regular basis," I knew it was trolling.

You SHOULD call the authorities. That's REDICULOUS!!!!! I can't believe it- what a horrible thing. Did anyone else observe this? WHA!?!?

You guys really believe this...

" 'Even Santa Prefers Montana'. As a Christian man, it's difficult to watch this kind of religious hatred spread to college football (It's bad enough when large retailers try to bury the Reason for the Season under phrases like 'happy holidays'). It didn't take much of this crap to cause the few Panther fans to disperse. "

He's clearly joking... Or atleast I hope so.. Otherwise I'm worried for his brain.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Growler?

New screen name?

No, not me. Only you are capable of creating another screen name to impersonate another poster, like "Mr. Steve Dill" The hypocrisy continues, eh Alpha. Trying to cover your tracks by claiming this on me? Nice try.

And if you can't tell this was a bullshit story... I'm also worried about your brain.

blondeh2o said:
You SHOULD call the authorities. That's REDICULOUS!!!!! I can't believe it- what a horrible thing. Did anyone else observe this? WHA!?!?
:stupid:

jokerserious.jpg

epic troll

jcu27 said:
And if you can't tell this was a bullshit story... I'm also worried about your brain.

:bad:

This is not a bull story sir. And it wasn't easy for me to tell ANYONE, let alone an entire forum, about this embarrassing situation. I'm not trying to 'troll the internet' or make a practical joke, here. I just think you should know what went on after the game Friday night... :twocents:

In reading his past posts he said he went to tamarack and had cold smoke...pretty sure tamarack only sells their beers...

I don't fall for trolling.

It's a talent, I guess you could say.

You're whole post just said this to me "I'm a troll, I want to rile these people up because I'm bored as shit."

If you weren't going to report it to the authorities i don't know if its something you should share on an online forum. If its at all true, those students need to be expelled at the very least.

Back