• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Safety Gavin Robertson: 6'3 225 Arizona Transfer Signs

Colter_Nuanez56

CONFIRMED: Arizona transfer safety Robertson commits to Griz
https://skylinesportsmt.com/arizona-transfer-safety-robertson-commits-to-griz/

Yes sir! Watch his HUDL people! 3 star safety who earned a PAC 12 scholarship to Arizona. He played with Gresch in high school. Great addition!

I read in an Arizona article that hi's not 6'1" anymore. After they recruited him he kept growing. 6'3" and 225 lbs not the listed 6'1. Thats a big boy at safety.

Check out this tape and this was back when he was a junior

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1944385/Gavin-Robertson

Fun to watch his Hudl video, for a couple of reasons:

1. He's a big hitter and great run filler. Nuff said.
2. The guy throwing all the dimes to him as a wide receiver was Gresch.

I kind of wonder if he’s not an outside backer when all is said and done, but maybe he came here to be a safety. Be interesting to see but he’s an enforcer regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
I kind of wonder if he’s not an outside backer when all is said and done, but maybe he came here to be a safety. Be interesting to see but he’s an enforcer regardless.

If he stays at Safety so you think we will even try to bring Putney in? Or do you think Putney can play CB

grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

If he stays at Safety so you think we will even try to bring Putney in? Or do you think Putney can play CB

Putney probably red shirts at Safety, so all is good. I mentioned it in another thread... but moving Epperly to CB would be a good idea.

Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

Putney probably red shirts at Safety, so all is good. I mentioned it in another thread... but moving Epperly to CB would be a good idea.

Who is Putney?

Ursus1 said:
Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

Who is Putney?

Putney is another 3 star safety out of east side catholic in Washington. Sounds like he is cousins with Ahmaad Rorie from the hoops team. Visiting UM this weekend with others is the word

grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

I’ve watched his film a couple times and don’t see him as a corner but just one person’s opinion. I think if we do offer Putney (far as we know there’s no offer) and he commits. I think it provides future flexibility with the safety position as Nash can play on the other side OR Pepe could develop as a outside backer. Position versatility is a good thing.

CrunchGriz said:
Fun to watch his Hudl video, for a couple of reasons:

1. He's a big hitter and great run filler. Nuff said.
2. The guy throwing all the dimes to him as a wide receiver was Gresch.

Only issue with that is that a lot of safety’s that are great run stuffers, lack in coverage. Hopefully he’s not one of them. Wasn’t Yamen Sanders an Arizona transfer too. I believe he got trashed on here pretty heavily once he’s lack of coverage skills was noticed.

HookedonGriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:

Who is Putney?

Putney is another 3 star safety out of east side catholic in Washington. Sounds like he is cousins with Ahmaad Rorie from the hoops team. Visiting UM this weekend with others is the word

Thanks

Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

That's the first I've ever heard of that idea. Is that known to be under consideration? Or are you surmising?

AZGrizFan said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Huh? Why the clapping? I thought you thought everyone who moved from one school to another, or from a Pac-12 school, was unsuccessful and not good enough for Montana.

Does seem pretty big to still play safety. Hope he has the speed to carry that much size.....bigger than huge majority of NFL safeties. That weight looks more OLB size. Not saying he can't but I could see him being asked to lean up if playing SS....or might end up at OLB and either way should really help immediately.

Good read on him while at AZ

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/football/arizona-wildcats-hope-promising-gavin-robertson-can-find-his-way/article_6eae1417-9d8d-5f9f-8ed7-5e2592e8f629.html

I haven't seen Robertson, so until then I will withhold my true/full opinion.

However initially and without prejudice, it sounds like he became a bigger human being at AZ, and thus was slowed (for the Pac 12 level) and moved to LB at U of Arizona.

Having said that, a transfer down for that type of player could do well at Safety in the FCS (where slower DB speed than the Pac 12 is required).

Regardless, I am very happy with this signing, could be a very, very big deal over the next 3 years. The Griz just got better (athletically).

Back