• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Attendance

PlayerRep said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Clearly, these numbers didn't include all the people that were jammed into the suites / boxes, concourses and restrooms. :mrgreen:

And the Canyon Club. Ever been up there during a game with cold or bad weather? Big party going on in there.

The numbers include all this, but the eyes which try to estimate number of people in the stands can't see them. When the Canyon Terrace in front of the Canyon Club looks sparse, you can bet that virtually every ticket there is being used, by the holder or a friend. I have never had trouble giving away those tickets. I am out of my Canyon Terrace seats more than I am in them, because, in theory, you're only supposed to drink in the Club and on the side terraces.

Or hot weather for that matter - place was packed the first game (or 2) of the year when it was so stinkin' hot out.

Jaredkuehn said:
...People used to be able to sell unused tickets. Now, you have to beg people to take them off your hands. Attendance is noticeably down over the past 5 years.
Well yeah, because the normal ticket prices run usually a minimum of around 30 bucks a pop now. You used to be able to get into just about any game buying them outside of the stadium before kickoff for like 10 or 15 bucks per ticket or so. Not the case anymore.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Jaredkuehn said:
...People used to be able to sell unused tickets. Now, you have to beg people to take them off your hands. Attendance is noticeably down over the past 5 years.
Well yeah, because the normal ticket prices run usually a minimum of around 30 bucks a pop now. You used to be able to get into just about any game buying them outside of the stadium before kickoff for like 10 or 15 bucks per ticket or so. Not the case anymore.

Very True

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
PlayerRep said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Clearly, these numbers didn't include all the people that were jammed into the suites / boxes, concourses and restrooms. :mrgreen:

And the Canyon Club. Ever been up there during a game with cold or bad weather? Big party going on in there.

The numbers include all this, but the eyes which try to estimate number of people in the stands can't see them. When the Canyon Terrace in front of the Canyon Club looks sparse, you can bet that virtually every ticket there is being used, by the holder or a friend. I have never had trouble giving away those tickets. I am out of my Canyon Terrace seats more than I am in them, because, in theory, you're only supposed to drink in the Club and on the side terraces.

Or hot weather for that matter - place was packed the first game (or 2) of the year when it was so stinkin' hot out.

Good point. Lots of beer consumed in those early games.

Many observations, all pointing to general fan dissatisfaction with the direction of Griz football over the past 6-8 years. Amazing that it took this long to point the finger at those directly responsible for this disaster, Engstrom and the BOR. This was pointed out on eGriz YEARS AGO.

I purchased extra season tickets years ago because it was the biggest show in MT. I was younger then and the all day event usually had something to do with a social beverage or two. I am older now and taking my young grandchildren is a treat. I am also a sore loser. The loss to EWU last season made the night time drive home to Great Falls a real bitch. I began to reconsider the value of having season tickets let alone more than I needed for my wife and I. Winning fixes everything. I am excited for next season and a return to dominance.

Back