• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where's the Outrage?

GGNez said:
jcu27 said:
GGNez said:
tourist said:
Nice try Zen. Chill out people. Let the justice system handle it. This selective outrage is idiotic. Did anyone think somebody would post something supporting this guy? Fact is he is going away forever, or what he will think is forever. He might get a bunkie called 'Bull' who was "looking for a new punk." In no time his @$$hole will look like a rotten tangerine. Perp becomes victim. Now THAT'S justice! :shock:

This widely held perspective is understandable and socially acceptable. It is ok (expected, even) to respond to information about child sexual abuse with violent words toward the abuser: "kill them all"; "one cure for pedophiles: a bullet", etc. Because it's so expected and accepted to openly suggest that sexual abusers of children are the most vile, repulsive people on the planet and deserve to be raped, killed, tortured, etc, the problem is actually exacerbated and it does nothing for prevention. For example (using real situation), suppose you follow a Facebook page called "Death to Child Molesters," you openly refer to them as "cho-mos" and talk about how horrific they are, you are a parent yourself. Then...you find out that your father, who you love and admire (and who you've trusted with your own children on many occasions) has confessed to molesting his step-daughter. Knowing how the world feels about child molesters, remembering what you have said about them in the past....now what? You don't want your dad to go to prison and get raped. You don't want him dead.
What if it is your adult son who molested a child? Your spouse?
Most of them are loved and trusted by many people. The majority of them are married with children of their own. Many have kids that they have not assaulted.

Assuming we could spot them and wishing there was a simple solution makes us feel better, but really don't solve the problem.

Doesn't matter who it is. Anyone that touches a kid is a sick f***. If it was my father, f*** yeah I'd want him to go to jail and get raped. That'd be what he deserved. Why the f*** would you not? It doesn't matter who it is... I'd never support a chomo whether it was child, spouse, parent. You're just trash after that point. And out to the bin they go. The fact you're defending them is f***[*] weird.

I’m not defending them at all. I’m sharing information. Lots of sexual abuse goes unreported and molesters go on to victimize more children because of the way we talk about them. For example, if a child was being abused by a grandfather that he/she cared about, then heard her father say what you just said, the victim would be much less likely to disclose the abuse. It’s a fact. The fact that you think I’m defending child molesters based on anything I’ve posted suggests that you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Why would the child be less likely to disclose the abuse???? makes no sense... Maybe if the child is informed on that it's wrong and shouldn't be done maybe that kid would tell their parents because they know its wrong!!! And maybe if you educate your kid they will realize that their grandparent or whoever doing that is being sick and twisted and has a problem. If a child doesn't know its wrong how are you going to find out? You just want kids to grow up thinking its okay to be a pervert?? Abuse > Love not Love > Abuse which is your theory. You are defending them... How? By pretty much getting at that they don't deserve the abuse themselves how would that make anyone else feel wah wah wah.. :cry: THEY ARE A FUCKING DISGUSTING PILE OF SHIT THAT NEEDS TO BE EXPOSED. I'd rather pedos get the death penalty than actual murderers. At least their victims aren't still suffering. And no one else on this board is going to call you the crazy bitch you are because for some reason you have them under a woman spell and they think its wrong to disagree/argue with you other than a few. its fuckin sad. Do you really believe half the people believe the shit you spew on this board?

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
If you haven't read any of "The Athletic" articles by Katie Strang on the Larry Nassar Trial, do yourself a favor and read them. Right now. Do it. The articles on this subject are free and will be through the duration of the trial. Excellent journalism that highlights the heinous crimes and underscores the bravery of those coming forward. Links below are to each of the articles.

https://theathletic.com/?p=212600

https://theathletic.com/?p=214213

https://theathletic.com/?p=215955

Those are good articles. Read 2 of them so far. Thx.

jcu27 said:
GGNez said:
jcu27 said:
GGNez said:
This widely held perspective is understandable and socially acceptable. It is ok (expected, even) to respond to information about child sexual abuse with violent words toward the abuser: "kill them all"; "one cure for pedophiles: a bullet", etc. Because it's so expected and accepted to openly suggest that sexual abusers of children are the most vile, repulsive people on the planet and deserve to be raped, killed, tortured, etc, the problem is actually exacerbated and it does nothing for prevention. For example (using real situation), suppose you follow a Facebook page called "Death to Child Molesters," you openly refer to them as "cho-mos" and talk about how horrific they are, you are a parent yourself. Then...you find out that your father, who you love and admire (and who you've trusted with your own children on many occasions) has confessed to molesting his step-daughter. Knowing how the world feels about child molesters, remembering what you have said about them in the past....now what? You don't want your dad to go to prison and get raped. You don't want him dead.
Most of them are loved and trusted by many people. The majority of them are married with children of their own. Many have kids that they have not assaulted.

Assuming we could spot them and wishing there was a simple solution makes us feel better, but really don't solve the problem.

Doesn't matter who it is. Anyone that touches a kid is a sick f***. If it was my father, f*** yeah I'd want him to go to jail and get raped. That'd be what he deserved. Why the f*** would you not? It doesn't matter who it is... I'd never support a chomo whether it was child, spouse, parent. You're just trash after that point. And out to the bin they go. The fact you're defending them is f***[*] weird.

I’m not defending them at all. I’m sharing information. Lots of sexual abuse goes unreported and molesters go on to victimize more children because of the way we talk about them. For example, if a child was being abused by a grandfather that he/she cared about, then heard her father say what you just said, the victim would be much less likely to disclose the abuse. It’s a fact. The fact that you think I’m defending child molesters based on anything I’ve posted suggests that you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Why would the child be less likely to disclose the abuse???? makes no sense... Maybe if the child is informed on that it's wrong and shouldn't be done maybe that kid would tell their parents because they know its wrong!!! And maybe if you educate your kid they will realize that their grandparent or whoever doing that is being sick and twisted and has a problem. If a child doesn't know its wrong how are you going to find out? You just want kids to grow up thinking its okay to be a pervert?? Abuse > Love not Love > Abuse which is your theory. You are defending them... How? By pretty much getting at that they don't deserve the abuse themselves how would that make anyone else feel wah wah wah.. :cry: THEY ARE A f***[*] DISGUSTING PILE OF SHIT THAT NEEDS TO BE EXPOSED. I'd rather pedos get the death penalty than actual murderers. At least their victims aren't still suffering. And no one else on this board is going to call you the crazy bitch you are because for some reason you have them under a woman spell and they think its wrong to disagree/argue with you other than a few. its f***[*] sad. Do you really believe half the people believe the shit you spew on this board?

I understand your sentiment. I've actually fantasized about a slow, painful death for the man who abused my child. I've studied, trained and educated myself on the dynamics of child sexual abuse for many years. I wrote a book on the topic. I speak to law enforcement, foster parents and others about prevention. I'm just telling you the facts. Over 90% of child victims are abused by someone known and trusted by or within their family. Kids should be taught about body safety from a very young age, you're absolutely right about that. But, the myths that are still believed by many are not working. That's why today, 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys is sexually assaulted before turning 18. What I've learned, and now teach, is to tell your children as soon as they can understand, that some grown-ups have a touching problem and that if they ever know a grown-up who does, they have to tell so that person can get help. So, go ahead and want them all dead - I've had the same thought. Many people feel that way. But when a small child loves her uncle, grandfather or cousin who is doing "weird" things to them, they are far less likely to tell if they have heard parents say they would kill anyone who touched them. It's just the way it is. Many, many studies have proven it. Your unwillingness to learn something new about the issue illustrates the problem very well. Calling the messenger a "crazy bitch" is a little extreme and kind of laughable, but Google it. Do your own research. Many kids are depending on it.

Hey, PR....I found the outrage.

And no one else on this board is going to call you the crazy bitch you are because for some reason you have them under a woman spell and they think its wrong to disagree/argue with you other than a few. its f***[*] sad. ~jcu27

This is the cognitive dissonance I referred to earlier that makes it really tough for child advocates to change anything. Kids are paying the price for people's hostile unwillingness to understand how to help them.

GGNez said:

And no one else on this board is going to call you the crazy bitch you are because for some reason you have them under a woman spell and they think its wrong to disagree/argue with you other than a few. its f***[*] sad. ~jcu27

This is the cognitive dissonance I referred to earlier that makes it really tough for child advocates to change anything. Kids are paying the price for people's hostile unwillingness to understand how to help them.

Yup, I have thought JCU was an idiot since I first saw and experienced his posts.

PlayerRep said:
GGNez said:

And no one else on this board is going to call you the crazy bitch you are because for some reason you have them under a woman spell and they think its wrong to disagree/argue with you other than a few. its f**** sad. ~jcu27

Yup, I have thought JCU was an idiot since I first saw and experienced his posts.

That opinion has been widely expressed. But, I'm pleased to learn about the woman spell. This is going to change my life.

For JCU:

"Kyle Stephens was 6 years old when the abuse began. Her favorite television show was “Clifford the Big Red Dog.” Her favorite book was “Junie B. Jones.” She did not yet know her multiplication tables. She still had her baby teeth.

Her parents were friends with Larry Nassar and it was in the basement boiler room of his own home, with her family upstairs, that he first exposed himself to her.

In recalling the years of abuse she suffered at the hands of Nassar, who this week will be sentenced on 10 counts of first degree criminal sexual conduct, Stephens, the first of 29 victims who addressed the Ingham County court on Tuesday, detailed how he would masturbate in front of her, pull her feet into his lap to touch his erect penis, or digitally penetrate her.

When she confided in her parents years later, they confronted Nassar and he denied any wrongdoing. At one point, they asked her to apologize to Nassar for accusing him of such awful acts. The abuse persisted and her family life deteriorated, as Stephens detached herself and descended into the depths of shame, self-loathing, pain and anger.

Her parents would later discover she was telling the truth, as it was revealed that Nassar had exploited his role as a physician to abuse reportedly more than 150 young women over the past two decades. Stephens’ relationship with her mother is still fraught. Her relationship with her father, non-existent. Stephens said he was wracked with guilt over not believing his own daughter; he committed suicide in 2016."

This is from the 2d of the 3 articles Mariner linked above.

jcu27 said:
GGNez said:
jcu27 said:
GGNez said:

Why would the child be less likely to disclose the abuse???? makes no sense... Maybe if the child is informed on that it's wrong and shouldn't be done maybe that kid would tell their parents because they know its wrong!!! And maybe if you educate your kid they will realize that their grandparent or whoever doing that is being sick and twisted and has a problem. If a child doesn't know its wrong how are you going to find out? You just want kids to grow up thinking its okay to be a pervert?? Abuse > Love not Love > Abuse which is your theory. You are defending them... How? By pretty much getting at that they don't deserve the abuse themselves how would that make anyone else feel wah wah wah.. :cry: THEY ARE A f***[*] DISGUSTING PILE OF SHIT THAT NEEDS TO BE EXPOSED. I'd rather pedos get the death penalty than actual murderers. At least their victims aren't still suffering. And no one else on this board is going to call you the crazy bitch you are because for some reason you have them under a woman spell and they think its wrong to disagree/argue with you other than a few. its f***[*] sad. Do you really believe half the people believe the shit you spew on this board?
Nice post Alpha!

So, we've learned some things through this thread.

1. Some men don't hate women and it really pisses some people off.

2. Child sexual abuse is really complex and really common. We ALL know someone who's been sexually abused, who has sexually abused a child or who was directly affected whether we realize it or not. Shining a light on the issue is the only thing that will change things.

PM me if you need resources, suspect sexual abuse or are a male victim who would prefer to discuss things with another male victim. I can put you in touch with Matt Sandusky for help.

SoldierGriz said:
Did we learn anything about Griz football or the FCS?

We didn't, Solja. I'm sorry.

To be fair, there's not a lot going on and a lot of us are lonely so we chat....

PlayerRep said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
If you haven't read any of "The Athletic" articles by Katie Strang on the Larry Nassar Trial, do yourself a favor and read them. Right now. Do it. The articles on this subject are free and will be through the duration of the trial. Excellent journalism that highlights the heinous crimes and underscores the bravery of those coming forward. Links below are to each of the articles.

https://theathletic.com/?p=212600

https://theathletic.com/?p=214213

https://theathletic.com/?p=215955

Those are good articles. Read 2 of them so far. Thx.
No problem - Another one has been written since I've posted. Here is the link to her author page - I believe she has four stories written on this now:

https://theathletic.com/author/37627/

SoldierGriz said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought I was good at sarcasm, but YOU THE MAN!!! Thanks for the laugh. :thumb:

SoldierGriz said:

Yes. If you were paying attention, you should have learned about how sexual assault and molestation are view by some, in terms of whether it involves football or gymnastics or other minor sports. If it doesn't involve football, then some of the media and many people seem to view it is not as newsworthy and not needing independent investigation and investigation by state legal authorities. It also seems that the ncaa doesn't care much about female ncaa athletes. Note that the ncaa intervened big at Penn St even though there were no athletes involved and Sandusky was no longer a coach. But not at Mich St., despite athletes being involved and a team doctor being the perpetrator.

This fits with prior threads and comments I've made, asking why should football and football players receive more scrutiny and attention than others. I guess it applies to coaches and team doctors too.

If you don't think this subject relates to UM and FCS football, then I don't know what to say.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:

Yes. If you were paying attention, you should have learned about how sexual assault and molestation are view by some, in terms of whether it involves football or gymnastics or other minor sports. If it doesn't involve football, then some of the media and many people seem to view it is not as newsworthy and not needing independent investigation and investigation by state legal authorities. It also seems that the ncaa doesn't care much about female ncaa athletes. RU

This site is for Griz football and the FCS. You posted your diatribe on the wrong site, with the complicity of the mods. This topic should have been moved long ago. Subject worthy of discussion, but not here. Move the thread. SoldierGriz is right.

I agree with PR that this relates to football but also find Soldier humorous.
FWIW, I’ve put 4 people in touch with Matt Sandusky and am helping another report a situation involving the abuse of a child as a result of this thread.

GGNez said:
I agree with PR that this relates to football but also find Soldier humorous.
FWIW, I’ve put 4 people in touch with Matt Sandusky and am helping another report a situation involving the abuse of a child as a result of this thread.
Yep, it does relate to football. And it's worth mentioning, IMO, that while the scandals that get reported -- whatever the sport -- start with the "big boys" (FBS in football, "power" conferences in BBall, etc.), there's no reason to assume (hope?) that the problem doesn't occur at all levels of collegiate sport ... including FCS and on down to NAIA.

Addendum: FWIW, I do believe -- as more testimony is heard -- that the outrage is building. When I mentioned the topic to my wife this morning, she commented that she'd seen nothing on the "usual" TV news outlets. That is no longer true.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

An issue that should be discussed elsewhere.

Well we could start three more threads arguing over Hauck’s assistant choices, a couple talking about the glory days, another move up thread, one about NDSU and then give all the bison fans shit for not staying off our board. Did I miss anything else worth discussing about the FCS and Grizzly football?

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:

Yes. If you were paying attention, you should have learned about how sexual assault and molestation are view by some, in terms of whether it involves football or gymnastics or other minor sports. If it doesn't involve football, then some of the media and many people seem to view it is not as newsworthy and not needing independent investigation and investigation by state legal authorities. It also seems that the ncaa doesn't care much about female ncaa athletes. Note that the ncaa intervened big at Penn St even though there were no athletes involved and Sandusky was no longer a coach. But not at Mich St., despite athletes being involved and a team doctor being the perpetrator.

This fits with prior threads and comments I've made, asking why should football and football players receive more scrutiny and attention than others. I guess it applies to coaches and team doctors too.

If you don't think this subject relates to UM and FCS football, then I don't know what to say.

point number one: this story has been on the front page of all the major news outlets that i read, i.e. the nytimes, washington post, cnn, fox, etc...

point number two: if you don't know what to say, don't say anything. then try to follow that rule from here on out.

Back