• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where's the Outrage?

zengriz said:
CFallsGriz said:
Zen, my ass.

...won't derail a good thread...
...i will let your ignorance slide...
...just have to stalk me later..dude...

... :punch: ...

Oh, you already did that, with your stupid three-line posts, dumbass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice try Zen. Chill out people. Let the justice system handle it. This selective outrage is idiotic. Did anyone think somebody would post something supporting this guy? Fact is he is going away forever, or what he will think is forever. He might get a bunkie called 'Bull' who was "looking for a new punk." In no time his @$$hole will look like a rotten tangerine. Perp becomes victim. Now THAT'S justice! :shock:

tourist said:
Nice try Zen. Chill out people. Let the justice system handle it. This selective outrage is idiotic. Did anyone think somebody would post something supporting this guy? Fact is he is going away forever, or what he will think is forever. He might get a bunkie called 'Bull' who was "looking for a new punk." In no time his @$$hole will look like a rotten tangerine. Perp becomes victim. Now THAT'S justice! :shock:

This widely held perspective is understandable and socially acceptable. It is ok (expected, even) to respond to information about child sexual abuse with violent words toward the abuser: "kill them all"; "one cure for pedophiles: a bullet", etc. Because it's so expected and accepted to openly suggest that sexual abusers of children are the most vile, repulsive people on the planet and deserve to be raped, killed, tortured, etc, the problem is actually exacerbated and it does nothing for prevention. For example (using real situation), suppose you follow a Facebook page called "Death to Child Molesters," you openly refer to them as "cho-mos" and talk about how horrific they are, you are a parent yourself. Then...you find out that your father, who you love and admire (and who you've trusted with your own children on many occasions) has confessed to molesting his step-daughter. Knowing how the world feels about child molesters, remembering what you have said about them in the past....now what? You don't want your dad to go to prison and get raped. You don't want him dead.
What if it is your adult son who molested a child? Your spouse?
Most of them are loved and trusted by many people. The majority of them are married with children of their own. Many have kids that they have not assaulted.

Assuming we could spot them and wishing there was a simple solution makes us feel better, but really don't solve the problem.

Very articulate and good post, GGNez. My prediction is predicated on his conviction. The physical result of repeated prison rape I have witnessed in my work. I haven't read all the posts or kept current on accusations, a long way from conviction. Today's press loves the seriousness of the accusation. Guilt is inferred from that alone. I, like many others worldwide, was also a victim in my childhood.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
GGNez said:
Oh boy....following this thread closely. Just published a book about my daughter being sexually abused by a trusted person and all of the dynamics involved. I recently spoke at a sexual abuse conference with Matt Sandusky (adopted son and victim of Jerry). Matt and I are collaborating efforts to educate about this issue. Zen is on to something, I think. It’s possible that it’s much more repugnant and offensive to imagine boys being raped by a man vs girls. Idk. But, I think Penn State having been a football powerhouse is part of the drastic downfall. Same mindset that caused our local community to virtually ignore criminal behavior of Griz players under Stitt but spotlight them under Hauck while we were a dominant force. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

you really think the community ignored criminal behavior when stitt was hc? sorry but that is bs. griz players were still held to a higher standard.

Do you really think that the Missoulian and others treated the issues under Hauck the way they did under Hauck? How about egriz? Can you find any posts or threads trashing Stitt for the bad behavior of his players?

hauck was around a lot longer, and players associated with him were charged with home invasion, kidnapping, and murder. obviously they were charges, not convictions. I am if course assuming that by one of your haucks you meant stitt.

I recall hearing on a national radio broadcast about the situation at Penn State, that it was common knowledge about Sandusky. I heard there was an ice cream shop on campus that had a special dessert with an inverted cone and two scoops of ice cream they called "The Sandusky". I believe the history of this issue also includes a period of time where an ambitious young prosecutor in the DA's office was going to prosecute the case and suddenly disappeared and his body has never been found. I felt badly for Paterno probably being a cog in the wheel of this system, where everyone up and down the line knew what was going on, but there must have been pressure to keep the lid on it. The doc at MSU was involved with the Olympics, wasn't he, where the Sandusky case involved the NCAA. If the NCAA is connected to the situation at MSU they will be around with their sanctions eventually.

I recommend that any of you who have Netflix watch this:
https://www.netflix.com/title/70299907

tourist said:
Very articulate and good post, GGNez. My prediction is predicated on his conviction. The physical result of repeated prison rape I have witnessed in my work. I haven't read all the posts or kept current on accusations, a long way from conviction. Today's press loves the seriousness of the accusation. Guilt is inferred from that alone. I, like many others worldwide, was also a victim in my childhood.

I'm so sorry for what happened to you. I focus a lot on the man I trusted who sexually abused my daughter. But I, too, was a victim - one of the rare stranger situations. These things put a dent in our psyche and change who we are. Believe me, while I understand, sympathize and promote a more level-headed approach regarding how we speak of perpetrators, I've often thought that I might have killed the man who abused my child if I knew sooner....it's understandable. The crime is egregious and causes so much damage. But...we can't expect people to stop sweeping it under the rug if we clutch our pitchforks and wish a painful death upon those who are so messed up that they prey on children. There are so many of them. We need to recognize the process and behavior. We need to educate our kids accordingly.

Gross....Man1....we know who you are. Go away. Let the grown-ups have a conversation.

TxGriz said:
I recall hearing on a national radio broadcast about the situation at Penn State, that it was common knowledge about Sandusky. I heard there was an ice cream shop on campus that had a special dessert with an inverted cone and two scoops of ice cream they called "The Sandusky". I believe the history of this issue also includes a period of time where an ambitious young prosecutor in the DA's office was going to prosecute the case and suddenly disappeared and his body has never been found. I felt badly for Paterno probably being a cog in the wheel of this system, where everyone up and down the line knew what was going on, but there must have been pressure to keep the lid on it. The doc at MSU was involved with the Olympics, wasn't he, where the Sandusky case involved the NCAA. If the NCAA is connected to the situation at MSU they will be around with their sanctions eventually.

I doubt that anything you just said is true. The prosecutor who disappeared is the prosecutor who declined to prosecute Sandusky in 1998. He disappeared in 2005. His name was Gricar. I have never read that it as common knowledge about Sandusky.

Some of the Nassar victims were ncaa athletes.

We don't hear outrage about the gymnastics program, for the same reason you don't hear about any success of any gymnastics program.
It just doesn't have the audience that football, baseball, or basketball does.

So Mich. St. can do an independent investigation to look at their football program and handling of stuff by football coaches, but not the gymnastic and other women's sport stuff that Nassar was involved in. The school President, since 2005, isn't going to last long.

"The allegations involving Dr. Nassar were not the first time the university has been accused of mishandling sexual misconduct cases.

Last year, the university hired an outside investigator to look into how its athletic department had handled allegations of sexual assault against three football players, resulting in the dismissal of a football staff member."

"In addition to Olympic athletes, some of Dr. Nassar’s victims were Michigan State students, and the university police have received more than 100 complaints about him."

"Until 2016, Dr. Nassar was a professor at M.S.U.’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, as well as a team physician for the university."

"Those demands came after The Detroit News reported on Thursday that multiple M.S.U. officials, including trainers and assistant coaches, had been told of inappropriate behavior by Dr. Nassar over two decades, and that Dr. Simon was informed in 2014 that an unnamed sports doctor was under a Title IX investigation. Dr. Nassar was cleared after the inquiry.:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/us/michigan-state-nassar.html?action=click&contentCollection=Sports&module=RelatedCoverage&region=EndOfArticle&pgtype=article

"“Come hell or high water, we will find a way to take every last one of you down that could have stopped this monster,” said Amy Labadie, a former gymnast who testified Friday morning. She added, “It’s hard to see into the future and not think this will affect me forever.”

I think heads are going to roll. Lots of them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/sports/larry-nassar-women.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

IVLIANVS said:
We don't hear outrage about the gymnastics program, for the same reason you don't hear about any success of any gymnastics program.
It just doesn't have the audience that football, baseball, or basketball does.

Does that mean that sexual assault and molestation by people associated with football is worse than sexual assault by people not associated with football?

As I have said in the past, and in threads, why should football get so much scrutiny and attention, and other situations get a bit of a pass. Makes no sense to me. I don't care if football is more popular. Sexual assault and molestation should have nothing to do with the popularity of the sport. Same with other bad behavior.

So glad this judge is allowing all victims to make a statement.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPmtS4SIIF8[/youtube]

GGNez said:
tourist said:

This widely held perspective is understandable and socially acceptable. It is ok (expected, even) to respond to information about child sexual abuse with violent words toward the abuser: "kill them all"; "one cure for pedophiles: a bullet", etc. Because it's so expected and accepted to openly suggest that sexual abusers of children are the most vile, repulsive people on the planet and deserve to be raped, killed, tortured, etc, the problem is actually exacerbated and it does nothing for prevention. For example (using real situation), suppose you follow a Facebook page called "Death to Child Molesters," you openly refer to them as "cho-mos" and talk about how horrific they are, you are a parent yourself. Then...you find out that your father, who you love and admire (and who you've trusted with your own children on many occasions) has confessed to molesting his step-daughter. Knowing how the world feels about child molesters, remembering what you have said about them in the past....now what? You don't want your dad to go to prison and get raped. You don't want him dead.
Most of them are loved and trusted by many people. The majority of them are married with children of their own. Many have kids that they have not assaulted.

Assuming we could spot them and wishing there was a simple solution makes us feel better, but really don't solve the problem.

Doesn't matter who it is. Anyone that touches a kid is a sick fuck. If it was my father, fuck yeah I'd want him to go to jail and get raped. That'd be what he deserved. Why the fuck would you not? It doesn't matter who it is... I'd never support a chomo whether it was child, spouse, parent. You're just trash after that point. And out to the bin they go. The fact you're defending them is fucking weird.

jcu27 said:
GGNez said:
tourist said:

Doesn't matter who it is. Anyone that touches a kid is a sick f***. If it was my father, f*** yeah I'd want him to go to jail and get raped. That'd be what he deserved. Why the f*** would you not? It doesn't matter who it is... I'd never support a chomo whether it was child, spouse, parent. You're just trash after that point. And out to the bin they go. The fact you're defending them is f***[*] weird.

I’m not defending them at all. I’m sharing information. Lots of sexual abuse goes unreported and molesters go on to victimize more children because of the way we talk about them. For example, if a child was being abused by a grandfather that he/she cared about, then heard her father say what you just said, the victim would be much less likely to disclose the abuse. It’s a fact. The fact that you think I’m defending child molesters based on anything I’ve posted suggests that you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Back