• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Semore

You people need to (calm Down). There will more than likely be changes for the better,voluntarily or involuntarily. These coaches feel the pain more than we do and more than likely will work their tails off to improve our program.

Griz#64 said:
You people need to (calm Down). There will more than likely be changes for the better,voluntarily or involuntarily. These coaches feel the pain more than we do and more than likely will work their tails off to improve our program.
Unfortunately, every coaching staff works hard...results matter! I can’t really look at this team and say they’re better than Stitts first team. I don’t care about what stats say, outside of record, but can anyone say the Griz look better when they watch them? They beat up on crappy teams and lose to good teams.

Dude can’t walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

And he can’t stop the run and defend the pass at the same time. Take one thing away and another door opens. Cats consistently had 2-3 guys around the ball to make the tackle. We seem to always be relying on one player to make an open field tackle. Why do we always have so many players out of position defensively?

His scheme fails and he can’t coach the players to be in position. He never learns from his mistakes. I couldn’t care less how well understands the failure, I want a coach that gets his players ready for the big ones. We have failed in EVERY big game this year.

It’s bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they gave up -14 yards to Murray the first half and I said "just watch him make up for that the second half." I was spot on jackie. Back to choking on your little smokie.

PlayerRep said:
ronangrizfan said:
Adjusted well,didnt they "i played the game jackie"? Go deep throat a lil smokie corn dog.

PlayerRep said:
Fushiznitz said:
I think this D will ignore the sideline during the second half, and succeed despite their coordinator. Go Griz!

Semore coaches from the press box. I think they will adjust.

Idiots like you and fushnuts don't even know where the UM's DC coaches from in games. You have know credibility and no knowledge of the game. The D gave up 1 TD and 170 yards in the second half.

Griz#64 said:

didn't they say that last year and the year before that

fanofzoo said:
Griz#64 said:

didn't they say that last year and the year before that
And must not have worked their tails off if that was the only thing needed to change

PlayerRep said:
ronangrizfan said:
Adjusted well,didnt they "i played the game jackie"? Go deep throat a lil smokie corn dog.

PlayerRep said:
Fushiznitz said:
I think this D will ignore the sideline during the second half, and succeed despite their coordinator. Go Griz!

Idiots like you and fushnuts don't even know where the UM's DC coaches from in games. You have know credibility and no knowledge of the game. The D gave up 1 TD and 170 yards in the second half.
MSU's 9 minute drive to start the second half was a killer. D has had trouble getting itself off the field all year.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
ronangrizfan said:

PlayerRep said:

MSU's 9 minute drive to start the second half was a killer. D has had trouble getting itself off the field all year.

If they could have just got a 3rd and long on that drive they might have been able to get off the field.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
ronangrizfan said:

PlayerRep said:

Agree that drive was a killer. Don't agree the D had trouble getting off field all year. They didn't even have trouble yesterday. 7 3 and outs forced by UM yesterday. 20 yards given up in those 7 drives. Also, 1 other drive was a 5-14 and out.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
ronangrizfan said:

Agree that drive was a killer. Don't agree the D had trouble getting off field all year. They didn't even have trouble yesterday. 7 3 and outs forced by UM yesterday. 20 yards given up in those 7 drives. Also, 1 other drive was a 5-14 and out.
TOP doesn't lie.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

TOP doesn't lie.

Sure, it can lie. Half of TOP is how long the offense has the ball. If the offense has short or quick drives, the defense comes back on field. If the defense has to come onto the field a lot of times, and after short rests, that doesn't necessarily mean the defense has trouble "getting off the field". In this situation, the defense ends up having trouble staying off the field.

twentythreeOh4 said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
ronangrizfan said:

If they could have just got a 3rd and long on that drive they might have been able to get off the field.

Unfortunately, 3rd and long seemed to challenge Semore's scheme this season...

Do Griz Nation a favor and quit to save face from being fired. I’ve never fallen to my knees in ‘surrender cobra’ on 3rd downs that many times in my LIFE. Did ANYONE on that sideline say ‘WTF is this guy thinking?!’

SoldierGriz said:
twentythreeOh4 said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Understatement of the year. Inability to get off the field on 3rd and VERY long pretty much cost us the EWU, WSU and MSU games...

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
twentythreeOh4 said:
kemajic said:

Understatement of the year. Inability to get off the field on 3rd and VERY long pretty much cost us the EWU, WSU and MSU games...

Combined with lack of offensive production and help at key times. And, in the MSU game, the offense didn't score enough or produce enough. Sure, the D gave up some bad 3d and longs, and a couple long drives, but they also had 5 3 and outs, in which the Cats gained a total of 20 yards, and a 5 and out.

OPP 3RD-DN CONVERT G Conv. Att. Pct.
1. Sacramento State 11 41 157 26.1
2. Weber State 11 52 159 32.7
3. Southern Utah 11 56 159 35.2
4. Northern Arizona 11 62 167 37.1
5. Cal Poly 11 57 151 37.7
6. Montana 11 65 172 37.8
7. Eastern Washington 11 67 173 38.7
8. UC Davis 11 63 162 38.9

OPP 4TH-DN CONVERT G Conv. Att. Pct.
1. Southern Utah 11 5 23 21.7
2. Montana 11 7 16 43.8
3. Weber State 11 11 24 45.8
4. Sacramento State 11 13 26 50.0
5. Northern Arizona 11 12 23 52.2
6. Cal Poly 11 7 13 53.8
7. Portland State 11 6 11 54.5
8. Montana State 11 14 25 56.0

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
twentythreeOh4 said:

Combined with lack of offensive production and help at key times. And, in the MSU game, the offense didn't score enough or produce enough. Sure, the D gave up some bad 3d and longs, and a couple long drives, but they also had 5 3 and outs, in which the Cats gained a total of 20 yards, and a 5 and out.
Just two TDs against a porous MSU defense doesn't win - two years in a row. TG knows how to beat Stitt's indefensible offense.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

TOP doesn't lie.

Well, this is a general rule, but for teams with up-tempo offenses like Montana's, TOP is not dispositive. Probably the best example of this is the 2014 Oregon Ducks, who got all the way to the FBS title game and had an average margin of winning of 15.3 points while averaging only 27:36 in time of possession per game (see the link below).

Admittedly, this required them to have the greatest player in their school's history at the helm.

I'm not saying that UM couldn't have done with better TOP numbers; just that TOP itself is not always a perfect indicator of success.

https://www.teamrankings.com/colleg...-time-of-possession-net-of-ot?date=2015-01-12

CrunchGriz said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:

TOP doesn't lie.

Well, this is a general rule, but for teams with up-tempo offenses like Montana's, TOP is not dispositive. Probably the best example of this is the 2014 Oregon Ducks, who got all the way to the FBS title game and had an average margin of winning of 15.3 points while averaging only 27:36 in time of possession per game (see the link below).

I'm not saying that UM couldn't have done with better TOP numbers; just that TOP itself is not always a perfect indicator of success.

https://www.teamrankings.com/colleg...-time-of-possession-net-of-ot?date=2015-01-12
Not sure who you think suggested it was. What was suggested is that it is the measurement of the defense's time on the field. No more.

Back