• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

News Story about Haslems decision

2011BisonAlumni said:
Why on god’s green earth did you guys turn down Bobby Hauck?

The collective FCS community would have said “oh f***” had you hired him back.

The AD and the UM President. It's on them. They went against the bulk of the major boosters too. Assuming the AD re-ups Stitt, and if next year doesn't go well enough, my guess is that the AD will be looking too. He is probably going to have a miserable and uncomfortable year in any event. I hope it works out for the coach and the AD--and the Griz.

2011BisonAlumni said:

Turn him down? He quit.

AllWeatherFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Turn him down? He quit.

Did he not apply again for head coach when he quit at UNLV?

Guessing that would have been a career job for him had he gotten it.....and guessing Montana would not be the soft team they are now.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AllWeatherFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Turn him down? He quit.

Guessing that would have been a career job for him had he gotten it.....and guessing Montana would not be the soft team they are now.
Bison, you couldn't be more correct. We should have hired Hauck and, yes, you could say we are a soft team.

Ursus1 said:
grizcountry420 said:
PlayerRep said:
fanofzoo said:
i believe "trending" is the word and it ain't good

Didn't UM go from 6-5 to 7-4? Assume that's the "sharp upward trend" that some posters have been talking about. Ya, we didn't beat the Cats again and probably won't make the playoffs again, but we beat UNC this year.

We may have won 7 games but non of those games were quality wins. Sure, you could say... well we beat NAU but in reality if Cookus didn't get ejected, we don't win that game. The opponents we did beat though had a combined record of....
26-50

I can't justify how some posters think that's an upward trend.

Same people that said Valpo was a good team after
people said it wasn't a sign Griz were good. Same that said the cats suck, QB is horrible (better efficiency rating than Jensen yesterday) and Griz will beat them since all is well on defense now.

Sure wish they would stand up now and admit they were WRONG

Valpo got better as the season went on. They would be a middle of the pack Big Sky school WITHOUT scholarships.

Spanky said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AllWeatherFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Turn him down? He quit.

Bison, you couldn't be more correct. We should have hired Hauck and, yes, you could say we are a soft team.

Maybe some thought Hauck would not be approved by the BOR. I don't know, just heard that rumor awhile ago.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kyle_sample/status/932296086386966529[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/coltpalmer/status/932017230144880640[/tweet]

Another choice tweet if you’re into such things on Colt’s page.

Thanks Colt for stepping up amongst former players who believe there is a problem and hopefully such things carry weight as they should ....sugar coaters do want to attack him for his opinions or since he us a former player he is allowed to have that opinion and is not just a whiner ?

Ursus1 said:
Thanks Colt for stepping up amongst former players who believe there is a problem and hopefully such things carry weight as they should ....sugar coaters do want to attack him for his opinions or since he us a former player he is allowed to have that opinion and is not just a whiner ?

Everyone is allowed an opinion.

I certainly do value Colt's opinion more than Alpha's (which is then echoed and repeated over again under his 14 different screen names).

behappp said:
sdk.catfish said:
I understand finding a quality new coach will be hard work but it isn't going to get any easier next year and it isn't like we really have the pick of the litter right now. Actually in looking at that last sentence we just might have the "pick of the Kitty Litter". And pretty soon, my guess starting this year, some of those verbalized recruits are going to change their minds.

I think we could have the pick of the litter. We have a beautiful new Champions Center. We still have a large fan base. We have some quality recruits that a new coach would be wise to get a hold of right away and try and keep their commitment.

There is lots of room for growth and success with this team, under a coach that has proven he knows how to win. Wait too long and I believe the fan base will start to give up on the team. Recruits may too. He who hesitates is lost.
It is already happening with attendance and with GSA income, both down substantially. It will get worse without changes. Wait 'til next year" isn't flying with the faithful.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AllWeatherFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Turn him down? He quit.

He expressed interest to Haslam before Stitt was hired and was rebuffed without consideration. May have been Engstrom, but the Haslam BH relationship is old and rocky.

PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

The AD and the UM President. It's on them. They went against the bulk of the major boosters too. Assuming the AD re-ups Stitt, and if next year doesn't go well enough, my guess is that the AD will be looking too. He is probably going to have a miserable and uncomfortable year in any event. I hope it works out for the coach and the AD--and the Griz.
Lots of money leaving and that is going to be hard to manage. Especially how UM depends heavily on revenues siphoned off the football program.

PlayerRep said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Because he's failed miserably everywhere else and we are not in nearly the same situation we were in when he came here first time around (he followed two pretty damn successful coaches). That and his players were not exactly the most reputable which is a serious problem when the school is dealing with a massive rape scandal.

He didn't fail miserably everywhere else he went. Only UNLV, where no one has been able to do well. Has done very well everywhere he has been.
Yeah, and I forgot how rowdy guys like Bergquist, Reynolds and Mariani were. And the guys that are currently UM and ISU assistants.

Ursus1 said:

Who was he?

Griznationalist said:
Ursus1 said:

Who was he?
2001 NC ring.

Griznationalist said:
Ursus1 said:

Who was he?

Was on 2001 Championship team, cousin to Tyler and Jace Palmer

ordigger said:
Spanky said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Turn him down? He quit.

Maybe some thought Hauck would not be approved by the BOR. I don't know, just heard that rumor awhile ago.

Royce nixed it.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
Valpo got better as the season went on. They would be a middle of the pack Big Sky school WITHOUT scholarships.

I disagree, but even so, does that make them good?

Holy balls is this how far we've fallen that we have to brag up a no scholarship school that we beat to justify ourselves?!

This may be worse than even I thought.

Back