• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just Reported In Spokane

grizfnz said:
PlayerRep said:
It makes me long for the days of just a simple dui arrest.

It looks like the narrative that Stitt's players, except for Strahm (and the other guys last year and the year before), are of high character and perfect, may not be quite accurate. Hopefully, little or nothing will come of this, and certainly not a felony charge. However, this felony arrest combined with I think 3 felony arrests for the house break-in a couple years ago, ranks Stitt players above any other Griz coach, including Hauck, on felony arrests per year.

I just hate it when narratives and agendas turn out not to be accurate.

How could we forget the famous home invasion comitted by Counts, Schmaing and VanAckeren. Gamboa and Kose also had problems with the law that season. I bet Stitt still wonders how they all managed to pass his 60 question character assessment during their recruitment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Correct me if I’m wrong, but none of those kids were Stitt recruits. So why are you throwing shade at his recruiting approach? Especially when he’s landing such high-caliber players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiningCityGrizFan said:
grizfnz said:
PlayerRep said:

It looks like the narrative that Stitt's players, except for Strahm (and the other guys last year and the year before), are of high character and perfect, may not be quite accurate. Hopefully, little or nothing will come of this, and certainly not a felony charge. However, this felony arrest combined with I think 3 felony arrests for the house break-in a couple years ago, ranks Stitt players above any other Griz coach, including Hauck, on felony arrests per year.

How could we forget the famous home invasion comitted by Counts, Schmaing and VanAckeren. Gamboa and Kose also had problems with the law that season. I bet Stitt still wonders how they all managed to pass his 60 question character assessment during their recruitment.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but none of those kids were Stitt recruits. So why are you throwing shade at his recruiting approach? Especially when he’s landing such high-caliber players.

Because it ruins the agenda of some "Griz fans".
Much like Never Trump crew, there are a few very loud "Never Stitt" fans who will never give Bob Stitt a chance and will look for any way to take a shot at Stitt, even if the info is wrong.

Paytonlives said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
grizfnz said:
PlayerRep said:

Much like Never Trump crew, there are a few very loud "Never Stitt" fans who will never give Bob Stitt a chance and will look for any way to take a shot at Stitt, even if the info is wrong.

or the 'never payton' crew, who have the temerity to question your fairness in moderating - and posting. edit - in case it isn't evident, i made this comment because of the trump comment - and history.

Man1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
George Ferguson said:
Haha, No, I think Amie and Colter and others who cover the Griz full time are on the job. They can have this one. I've got the Northern football debacle to deal with here at home.

So George, has Northern just basically given up?
The better question would be asking if Jason Semore is moonlighting as Northerns DC?

:clap:

argh! said:
Paytonlives said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
grizfnz said:

or the 'never payton' crew, who have the temerity to question your fairness in moderating - and posting. edit - in case it isn't evident, i made this comment because of the trump comment - and history.

Which of these comments was yours again? Or was it PRs comment that didn't make the quote function that is also yours?

grizfnz said:
PlayerRep said:

Stitt didn't recruit them. :coffee:

MiningCityGrizFan said:
grizfnz said:
PlayerRep said:

Looks like you almost understood my response.....until the shade throwing accusation.

Paytonlives said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
grizfnz said:
PlayerRep said:

Your apology is accepted Payton.

Here's the latest coming out of Pullman Daily News:

According to court documents, the incident began around 2 a.m. at a house party on the 1200 block of Stadium Way in Pullman. Witnesses told police Bradley "Wyatt" Meyring, 23, of Pullman, placed Justin Strong, 22, of Missoula, in a headlock after a dispute at the party. Witnesses told police that once Strong got free of the hold, he and two friends allegedly chased after Meyring as he fled the residence. The party's host said she attempted to stop the three men from chasing Meyring, to no avail.

When the three men caught up to Meyring, he turned around and put his hands in the air, one witness told police. Strong then allegedly punched Meyring, who fell to the ground. The witness said Strong punched Meyring again while he was on the ground. Strong has a different account of events. According to court documents, Strong told police he was trying to break up a fight at the party that involved Meyring when Meyring punched him from behind. He said he chased Meyring out of the house, but couldn't find him and had "calmed down" and was going to return to the party when he ran into Meyring, "who balled his fists" outside the residence. Strong said he hit Meyring in self-defense and then stuck him again when he tried to get up, as stated in court documents.

Witnesses told police the other two involved in the assault are also football players from the state of Montana. Strong told police he didn't know the other men around at the time of the assault, as he was focused on breaking up the fight and protecting himself. Meyring, known in the WSU track program as Wyatt Meyring, is a senior weight-thrower from Edmonds, Wash., who transferred from a junior college two years ago and has seen only limited competition for the Cougars. In outdoor track, he has specialized in the hammer throw.

Pullman Police Chief Gary Jenkins said officers and emergency responders arrived on scene and found Meyring unconscious, with his eyes open, bleeding from his head. He suffered a fractured skull and a hematoma. He was taken to Pullman Regional Hospital and later transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane. A hospital spokeswoman was unable to release information regarding Meyring's status Monday evening. The University of Montana football team had a bye week last weekend.Jenkins said police are investigating and looking for additional suspects. Eric Taber, assistant communications director of the UM football program, confirmed Strong was involved in an incident in Pullman over the weekend

grizfnz said:
PlayerRep said:

They didn't take the questionnaire as they were recruited by Gregorak and Delaney regime...

dayday said:
grizfnz said:
PlayerRep said:

They didn't take the questionnaire as they were recruited by Gregorak and Delaney regime...

We have a winner.

HookedonGriz said:

According to court documents, the incident began around 2 a.m. at a house party on the 1200 block of Stadium Way in Pullman. Witnesses told police Bradley "Wyatt" Meyring, 23, of Pullman, placed Justin Strong, 22, of Missoula, in a headlock after a dispute at the party. Witnesses told police that once Strong got free of the hold, he and two friends allegedly chased after Meyring as he fled the residence. The party's host said she attempted to stop the three men from chasing Meyring, to no avail.

When the three men caught up to Meyring, he turned around and put his hands in the air, one witness told police. Strong then allegedly punched Meyring, who fell to the ground. The witness said Strong punched Meyring again while he was on the ground. Strong has a different account of events. According to court documents, Strong told police he was trying to break up a fight at the party that involved Meyring when Meyring punched him from behind. He said he chased Meyring out of the house, but couldn't find him and had "calmed down" and was going to return to the party when he ran into Meyring, "who balled his fists" outside the residence. Strong said he hit Meyring in self-defense and then stuck him again when he tried to get up, as stated in court documents.

Witnesses told police the other two involved in the assault are also football players from the state of Montana. Strong told police he didn't know the other men around at the time of the assault, as he was focused on breaking up the fight and protecting himself. Meyring, known in the WSU track program as Wyatt Meyring, is a senior weight-thrower from Edmonds, Wash., who transferred from a junior college two years ago and has seen only limited competition for the Cougars. In outdoor track, he has specialized in the hammer throw.

Pullman Police Chief Gary Jenkins said officers and emergency responders arrived on scene and found Meyring unconscious, with his eyes open, bleeding from his head. He suffered a fractured skull and a hematoma. He was taken to Pullman Regional Hospital and later transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane. A hospital spokeswoman was unable to release information regarding Meyring's status Monday evening. The University of Montana football team had a bye week last weekend.Jenkins said police are investigating and looking for additional suspects. Eric Taber, assistant communications director of the UM football program, confirmed Strong was involved in an incident in Pullman over the weekend

Doesn't look good for self defense if you and your friends have to chase down a 5'9" track athlete who after being chased down clinched his fists when confronted.

Self defense isn't chasing down someone....I can see why with witness statement like that the police hauled him in......and then he also obstructed justice when he told police he didn't know the other two. And being in Pullman I think we have a pretty good idea a teamnate that was likelt there. Stitt has a mess on his hands wirh this one. Griz are now probably in a mess in Weber too if a few players (key to both sides of ball success) thanks to this mess

Diesel said:
HookedonGriz said:

Doesn't look good for self defense if you and your friends have to chase down a 5'9" track athlete who after being chased down clinched his fists when confronted.

This is the type of case where theyre just gonna have to gather as much personal accounts from the scene from a bunch of drunk college kids and basically decide who was in the wrong based off those drunken accounts and their affiliation with the suspects.

What a shit show.

When I saw the title of the thread last night, I was thinking that an EWOO player got busted for drugs or something. Hate when that stuff happens, (unless it's the scats), so was hoping it wasn't any of their starters. Theeeeeen I read the garbage. Woke up this morning hoping it was a bad dream...
I've been hammered, at a house party, with other players on the team with me. People will bad mouth, just trying to get you to do something stupid. Someone in the group has to have half a brain. This...this is just ridiculous. If you're at a late night house party somewhere, especially out of town, you just avoid this stuff. I just don't get it.

It seems like the witness account has enough to charge him, honestly. Unless there is something about the statement that makes it less than credible.

Damn. This is unfortunate and upsetting. If he indeed chased him down and beat him like that, my first thought is that Stitt should just drop him from the team. No need for this at UM. I understand, however, that there are procedures in place and the athletic department will follow the previously outlined student conduct policies. Selfishly, for the good of the team, I hope what happened was truly self defense and that he plays saturday. But....If he did this as an aggressor....just drop him and let's try to move on and salvage what we have left. Sad day either way.

? for those who have been in a fight or two or have watched. What usually happens when some one in a fight hit someone in the head with a fist???? Right. A broken hand.

To break a skull or even concuss most personal weapons used are feet.

Really really impressive to break a pumpkin with a fist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back