• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2018 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

VimSince03 said:
brewskis said:
Next big one on the list has gotta be Conor Quick. We've got some great skill guys, now we need to line the trenches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew Turner is definitely #2. But is Conor Quick the best lineman? I believe he is but others aren't sold on his tape. He has the weight-room numbers. He has been playing center at camps this summer according to HowardRoss280. I don't even know if he has been offered by either school.

Drew is #2 for sure. As recently stated Vim and I do disagree on which O-lineman is the best, which honestly just makes the debate stronger in my opinion! As far as Quick goes, I haven't seen anything on him being offered. He may be keeping it private. Personally I see him as an NAIA lineman, but that's just me. At the same time I could see him being brought on as a PWO at either Montana school and getting a chance

seems like montana has a more difficult time getting the pwo in the o/l vs. msu.....we need to get a bunch of these kids that vim and ross have on their sheets....we know for sure they will work to be the best they can be, because they are from montana....we need numbers in the o/l department imo.....

krammer said:
seems like montana has a more difficult time getting the pwo in the o/l vs. msu.....we need to get a bunch of these kids that vim and ross have on their sheets....we know for sure they will work to be the best they can be, because they are from montana....we need numbers in the o/l department imo.....
Agreed. I'd love to see us bring in 5-6 bigs in this recruiting class. With Robinson and the rest of the skill guys that we got last season and verballed this year...a great line will make us dangerous.

brewskis said:
krammer said:
Agreed. I'd love to see us bring in 5-6 bigs in this recruiting class. With Robinson and the rest of the skill guys that we got last season and verballed this year...a great line will make us dangerous.

This is the class to bring o-lineman in. Very deep group

krammer said:

I couldn't agree more with the reference to working hard because they are from Montana. U of M has a great history with in state o-line players going back all the way to the days of Chad Germer and Kirk Scrafford. Montana kids that were athletic and had good frames coupled with outstanding work ethic. They paved the way for a lot of wins. The list is huge in the 90's alone: Simonson, Agee, Kempfert, Curry, Szalay, Thorsen, Thuesen, Mocko, Allik, Raynock, McFarland.......missing a ton of more current ones.
My point is that a lot of these guys were not highly recruited. I would have no problem with Stitt finding a couple of in state guys who are 230ish and lean and let them work their asses off to earn a full scholarship. Our past National Championship teams had nice balance of in state and out of state players.

Grizrule16 said:
krammer said:

I couldn't agree more with the reference to working hard because they are from Montana. U of M has a great history with in state o-line players going back all the way to the days of Chad Germer and Kirk Scrafford. Montana kids that were athletic and had good frames coupled with outstanding work ethic. They paved the way for a lot of wins. The list is huge in the 90's alone: Simonson, Agee, Kempfert, Curry, Szalay, Thorsen, Thuesen, Mocko, Allik, Raynock, McFarland.......missing a ton of more current ones.
My point is that a lot of these guys were not highly recruited. I would have no problem with Stitt finding a couple of in state guys who are 230ish and lean and let them work their asses off to earn a full scholarship. Our past National Championship teams had nice balance of in state and out of state players.

the one that really stands out to me was the dyk kid who was 6'8" and thin,,,by his junior year was up to near 300 and started his last couple years and hard working, smart and a mean streak on the field....in those days the O/l was montana tough...maybe you remember him along with all the others you mentioned...

Post I saw on twitter today about Carson Shuman. A few other MT kids who deserve to be on here as well.

https://twitter.com/gridironrr/status/889367078989201410

#5 O-Lineman
http://gridironrr.com/teams/default.asp?u=GRIDIRONRR&s=football&p=custom&pagename=HS+OL+Rankings

Howardross and Vim I know it's very early but to you have a preliminary top 10 for 2019? Chrishon Dixon who else would be on the list?

VimSince03 said:
grizfan1984 said:
Howardross and Vim I know it's very early but to you have a preliminary top 10 for 2019? Chrishon Dixon who else would be on the list?

Can have one for you tomorrow!

I have watched some film on the class of 2019, but maybe only about 15 kids. So the list Vim puts out of 2019 would probably look very similar to mine. But I do have a few kids in mind that are top prospects

Paytonlives said:
*19.) Logan Kleinhans (Bozeman) - 6'0", 185 lbs. - ATH (msu verbal)

He won't be 19 after the summer he had. A lot of changes will be happening in the Top 30. Current Griz and Bobcat recruits will be moving up.

Helena’s Winterburn excited for transition as Bobcat
http://skylinesportsmt.com/helenas-winterburn-excited-for-transition-as-bobcat/

Hmm...2 straight stories about bobcat recruits on egriz. Granted I know it's the MT high school recruits thread, but it's just reinforcing what other posters are saying about Skyline :coffee:

https://twitter.com/jacksonpepe2/status/892089503346679808

Jackson Pepe from glacier got an offer from us. Watched him a few times and he has some wheels. I'd think on defense but he can play multiple positions. He's a good prospect. Looking at his twitter looks like he likes a lot of MSU things so not sure if we'll land him or not.

Top kids in my opinion in their positions. This has changed since the last ranking came out and it will be reflected in the upcoming ranking.
ATH
1. Garrett Graves (Eureka)
2. Mark Estes(Kalispell Glacier)
3. Jackson Pepe (Kalispell Glacier)
4. Logan Kleinhans (Bozeman)
5. Tanner Wood (Ennis)

QBs
1. Kevin Boes (Great Falls High)
2. Aaron White (Shelby)
3. Garrett Graves (Eureka)
4. Kaleb Winterburn (Helena High) (ATH)
5. Levi Janacaro (Big Sky) (ATH)