• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2010 to 2016 "Super Team"

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoubleNicks said:
Selle didn't play from 2010-2016. I think Travon Van could have been really special in a JLM-esque way in Stitt's offense. Dan Moore/Jamal Wilson for FB maybe? Obviously, Green for RB coach.
As noted by GF, Selle played the first 4 games before a season-ending injury in the SacSt game. His 2010 stats:
41-77-5 for 599 yards and 5 TDs.

jodcon said:
AZGrizFan said:
jodcon said:
NDSU still beats us by 10 in the playoffs.

:lol: I don't think so.

Jordy Johnson behind THAT O-line, with Chase Reynolds in the backfield, and throwing to Henderson, Jones, Sambrano, Gratton, etc...and that shutdown D?

I'd take THAT team all day long and twice on Sunday.

No fucking way.

They would kick our ass, eat all our food, hustle whatever fat chicks they could find, and load them in the sugar beet truck and haul ass back to Fargo yah.

I see what you did there. My apologies.

BWahlberg said:
It's been a painful 7 year stretch since the Griz have officially* won the Big Sky conference title. A fun thought that came to mind for me, if you could build a super team from the 2010 through 2016 squads to rep a singe 2-deep Griz team that could win the Big Sky, and maybe a natty, what would your roster look like?

Here's mine (2-deep):

QB: Johnson / Gustafson
RB: Reynolds / Canada
WR: Jones / Roberts
WR: Henderson / Gratton
WR: Sambrano / Louie-McGee
TE/H: Hardy / Horner
OT: Opperud / Schmaing
OT: Kistler / Burton
OG: Dietrich / Poole
OG: Poehls / Oiland
C: Verlanic / Weyer

DE: Holmes / Kidder
DE: Wagenmann / Fetherston
DT: Bienemann / Waldhauser
DT: Takai / Duncan
OLB: Tripp / Van Ackeren
OLB: Buss / Gamboa
MLB: Coyle / Strahm
CB: T. Johnson / Roots
CB: Nelson / Harris
S: McCord / Hermanson
S: Strong / Whitted

K: McKnight / Sullivan
P: Lider / Wren

-----
HC: Pflugrad
OC: Smith
QBs: Selle
WRs: Ferriter
OL: Germer

DC: Breske
DL: Suiaunoa
LBs: Gregorak
DBs: Semore
CBs: Hall, Jr

Hermanson? Seriously?

The 6-2, 211-pound senior began the 2010 season as one of the most prolific offensive returnees in the Football Championship Subdivision, and was a candidate for the Walter Payton Award, given annually to the outstanding offensive player in the division.

"It is a really a sad day and the news was hard to take," Pflugrad said. "Our staff really relies on Andrew for many things on and off the football field. He is more than a football player, more than a student-athlete, and more than our team captain. He's everything rolled into one.

"He is what Grizzly football is all about and I believe he is what The University of Montana is all about," Pflugrad said. "It's a big loss and a tough deal for our team, and I know our players are taking the news very hard. He is our inspirational leader and he was our summer leader.

"He put the team on his back last year; him and a few seniors who are no longer here, and won 14 games in a row,"Pflugrad continued. "Not many people in America can say they won 14 football games in their college career, let alone in one year; so I am very sad about the situation."
Griz Quarterback Andrew Selle Suffers Career-Ending Injury, Sep 28, 2010. http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/griz-quarterback-andrew-selle-suffers-career-ending-injury/7745236

QB: Selle / Johnson / Gustafson
RB: Reynolds / Canada / J. Ngyuen
WR: Jones / Roberts
WR: Henderson / Janssen
WR: Sambrano / Louie-McGee
TE/H: Middleton/ Horner
OT: Opperud / Schmaing
OT: Kistler / Burton
OG: Dietrich / Poole
OG: Poehls / Oiland
C: Verlanic / Weyer

DE: Holmes / Crittenden
DE: Wagenmann / Fetherston
DT: Bienemann / Waldhauser
DT: Takai / Duncan
OLB: Tripp / Van Ackeren
OLB: Buss / Gamboa
MLB: Coyle / Strahm
CB: T. Johnson / Roots
CB: Wilson/ Harris
S: Sandry / Stoll
S: Strong / Tully

K: McKnight / Sullivan
P: Lider / Wren

Htowngriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Kidder wasn't even best DE on the team last year.

Pretty sure he's the only one with a chance to make an NFL roster.

So.....he was outperformed on the field. And in every one but Helena people's eyes it was a no brainer who was DE MVP....and the coaches named Johnson that to boot (players also respected him more ). Perhaps check out Holmes tweet about who would have been a more fitting #37.....

Sorry Brint, it's McSurdy. Strahm's got this season to see if he can be included in that team picture.

grizghost said:
I agree strahm over mc sturdy...hmmm NO!

Strahm would be behind McSurdy and Kose IMO. And it's not even close just based on the mental aspect of the game.

grizd said:
grizghost said:
I agree strahm over mc sturdy...hmmm NO!

Strahm would be behind McSurdy and Kose IMO. And it's not even close just based on the mental aspect of the game.

IMHO it's not closed based on the physical aspects either.

UMGriz75 said:
The 6-2, 211-pound senior began the 2010 season as one of the most prolific offensive returnees in the Football Championship Subdivision, and was a candidate for the Walter Payton Award, given annually to the outstanding offensive player in the division.

"It is a really a sad day and the news was hard to take," Pflugrad said. "Our staff really relies on Andrew for many things on and off the football field. He is more than a football player, more than a student-athlete, and more than our team captain. He's everything rolled into one.

"He is what Grizzly football is all about and I believe he is what The University of Montana is all about," Pflugrad said. "It's a big loss and a tough deal for our team, and I know our players are taking the news very hard. He is our inspirational leader and he was our summer leader.

"He put the team on his back last year; him and a few seniors who are no longer here, and won 14 games in a row,"Pflugrad continued. "Not many people in America can say they won 14 football games in their college career, let alone in one year; so I am very sad about the situation."
Griz Quarterback Andrew Selle Suffers Career-Ending Injury, Sep 28, 2010. http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/griz-quarterback-andrew-selle-suffers-career-ending-injury/7745236

Lol I love the new signature...

Do you jerk off to me at night also??

BadlandsGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:

Lol I love the new signature...

Do you jerk off to me at night also??
Warning issued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back